Well, its Friday again. Another week has come to a close. As I look back on this week I am filled with a sense of disappointment. Disappointment that I didn't achieve what I set out to do on Sunday. But then again, maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe they were never achievable in the first place. This is something that I am going to think about over the weekend. In many ways I feel like a failure because all the goals that I set for myself and my family seem to be crumbling.
My Weight Watchers is just not going in the right direction. I am going round and round in circles! I stopped tracking my food and consequently the weight has gone up and I am disillusioned. Instead of 'fighting back' I am eating to comfort myself "sigh".
The homeschool plan that I set up for this term isn't working out as I would have liked. Gosh, that is hard to admit. It isn't that the program isn't good, it is excellent! but I just can't cope with the workload. It only requires about two hours of my time per day which doesn't sound like much, but in this house 2 hours is a luxury that I just don't have. Because I am so frantically trying to fit everything in I haven't been to the gym all week. That is very upsetting because the gym and exercise has been the saving grace for me (mentally and physically) this year. I just can't afford to let it go.
My toddler is teething and all he seems to want right now is his 'booby'. To be honest with you I am tired of breastfeeding. I have been breastfeeding on and off for 24 years! Then at the same time I know that Joel is my last baby and I will be sad when these days have passed. On top of all my workload I am carrying a 20month old around on my hip for most of the day..........another 'sigh'.
I know how to 'perk' myself up these days. That was part of the reason for writing the list in my previous post. But this is a time when I really need to reflect on the priorities in my life and get some order back in to my day. Something in my head is telling me to stop and if I do nothing but read a book with my kids each day then I am achieving enough. The other side of my brain is telling me that I am a useless mother, a terrible teacher and my kids would be better back in school.............'big sigh'.
I hope you guys have had a better week than me! I'll pick myself up and be on track again next week but right now I just need a good nights sleep :-)