I had a good weekend with the Lord! without wanting to sound 'religous' (I hate religion) God really spoke to me clearly through his word over the past two days. Yesterday's sermon was brilliant, a 'word in season'. The pastor spoke a simple message about reaching your destiny. Basically if we want to reach our destiny we have to head in the right direction! He gave an illustration of someone wanting to head for Sydney for a holiday. They had prayed about, knew it was right, they had the plane tickets, their luggage was packed, the hotel was booked but instead of hopping on the plane for Sydney they took the plane to Darwin! He went on to say that in life we may have 'destinations' such as a health goal, finacial, spiritual, marriage etc etc but unless we get on and continue on the right path we are not going to land! For me the message spoke volumes. I could see clearly how my weight watchers had gone twisted! I still had the desire to reach my 'goal' but I was heading in the opposite direction! Same with homeschooling, same with my spiritual walk. How simple but how true............
I have prayed about the homeschooling situation and feel clearly that I am to put away all plans and curriculum until next year! I was trying to be superwoman again and it was burning me out. I am going to continue in a slow and steady manner with Christmas holidays in sight.
Yesterday was my first day back at the weight watchers plan. I clearly see how I was going wrong and I am determined to reach the goal that I set myself for Christmas. WATCH THIS SPACE!
I have let a lot of things go spiritually as I have become busier. Like Susan said, a lot of my 'perk me up' are band aids and I have to remember that the thing that got me better in the first place was walking a closer walk with God, christian meditation and time spent alone with my heavenly father.
There are other areas in my life, a little bit too painful and personal to talk about openly that I am still praying about. Sometimes I give them over to God but all to often take them back again and try to deal with them myself. I can't see the end of the tunnel yet and many times I feel like walking away from this painful experience but trust that God will continue to hold me up and keep me strong.