I haven't blogged for a while. Life still goes on but there seems to be less and less time to sit at the computer and share!
Our schooling is going well. I have started DD4 and DS5 on the wonderful programme "little Hands To Heaven" by Heart Of Dakota. What I like about it is the gentle approach to learning. It takes very little time, maybe twenty minutes a day. Yes! it is a curriculum but like I have said before, I will use whatever I need to help me along the way. It takes the pressure away from me having to come up with creative ideas on how to teach letter formation, bible study, art and craft etc etc! Basically the book is full of ideas, some of which I may choose to follow and others that I may choose to ignore! What is most important is that the children really enjoy it and can't wait to do their work each day (although this week we only managed two days worth of work!.......but that is o.k, it still works that way!) I was introduced to this programme after buying "Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory" from a secondhand homeschool site. Even though it was too old for my four and five year old I loved the idea and started looking at the Heart Of Dakota website for more information. The other thing I like is that although the author suggests using certain books to implement English, math, handwriting etc, you are free to use your own programme if it suits your family better.
My weight loss battle continues. I have been eating predominantly meat and veg for four weeks now. I am so very very bored! I miss things like pizza, home made chicken pie, lasagne. Yes! I can eat something like that on a treat day but for the other six weeks my choice is limited to meat and veg. I can understand why my husband has given me a glass of wine without me asking, a box of chocolates as a gift.............he is tired of his cranky wife!!!!! In a man's simple way of expressing his thoughts these 'gifts' are a cry for a return of normality! He wants me to lose weight but not at the sake of swapping his usually placid wife for Mrs Cranky 'give me the chocolate or else......." So today I have woken up and my thoughts are directed towards Weight Watchers. The only diet that I have ever succeeded on (although had to finish three times due to pregnancy!) This would be my fourth time back if I were to join. I hate the thought of spending money, attending weekly meetings but at the same time I like the thought of eating 'normally' again.........