We have had some beautiful, Spring like weather, the past few weeks. The garden has beckoned me outside! Over Winter I did a lot of pruning (Many a problem can be buried whilst digging in the garden~) so I had a few empty spots that I wanted to fill.
On Saturday morning I was sitting down having my quiet time (Whilst all the children were still asleep, just me and a cup of tea!) and I started thinking about garden centres and plants. I knew that the average price of a plant was about $10-$15 so filling up my garden was going to be a costly affair. I remembered my Dad's good friend, Ruth. She is an avid gardener and is always collecting cuttings and potting plants. I rang dad and by sheer coincidence (Is anything a coincidence with God?) Ruth was selling lots of plants this very day at her church's jumble sale! Dad picked me up and I was so excited to see the large array of plants for sale. The dearest plant was $4! I bought about six geraniums, lots of nasturtiams, and four beautiful yet very unusual plants called Queens Tears or Bilbergia nutans.
I spent the afternoon planting. It was such a beautiful way to spend the day. The flowers of the Queens Tears just make me smile! they are so intriquetly beautiful in every way. The outline colour is a deep deep purple, almost black, it is stunning.
I can't wait for Spring to see my garden burst into flour. I wonder if my Avocado tree will stop "sulking" this year and bare some fruit?