I don't really know how you would describe our style of home education right now. It isn't purely Unstructuredl and it isn't purely Delight Directed. It is kind of in the middle! I got tired of reading information about certain styles and trying to fit into the mold. I am just going with the flow! On Monday we spent the day doing errands around the house. Master 14 cleaned the shed out on the condition that I would allow him to check out the suburbs junk collection in search of broken scooters! Our local council do a regular junk pick up and people leave their unwanted trash on the side of the kerb. There is a lot of treasure in someone else's junk.........believe me!Master 14's hobby at the moment is fixing up broken scooters, changing wheels around, putting on new handles etc etc. I honestly can't see the enjoyment in it, but I am tired of my garden looking like a scrap metal yard, so I told him if he cleaned out the shed he could move all his junk....umm... scooters... in there to work on.
I have been doing a lot of art work lately. I love painting and it really relaxes me. Miss 4 has spent countless hours sitting beside me doing her own art work. Since using Mona Brookes "Drawing With Children" I have seen tremendous improvement in her art skills. Today we all sat around the table doing art. Miss 16 was doing paper quilling with miss 4 and Master 14 was working through a mona Brookes Lesson. Master 9 used his Dinosaur book to copy and paint a picture. He has improved dramatically with his drawing. I was trying, once again, to draw the human frame! I bought an art mannequin to help me!
We cleaned out the garden and prepared a vegie patch. I absolutely love and adore with a passion, char grilled Eggplant! I am quite addicted to this lovely vegetable right now, so have plans to turn myself off it by growing enough to feed an army! I'll also throw in a couple of zucchini plants so that I can continue to make myself.......sick..........umm,...........healthy, by dehydrating them for dips etc.
I am still using curriculum, Can't see that changing just yet! We do Life Of Fred for maths and are working our way through Literature Lessons With Lord Of The Rings plus the kids adore their Science curriculum by John Tiner. I don't have a set routine, if it fits on the day then it is done if not then it isn't!
Master 14 and Miss 16 are still doing music lessons, guitar and drums, and love it. Along with their Tae Kwon Do it is the best thing I have ever done for them!