Just lately I have been reflecting on my life. God has shown me that life is like the seasons, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Spring was my childhood! everything was fresh, new, exciting. Life was blooming in every direction and the world lay at my feet.
Summer was My youth and beyond. A time of growth, life, newness. I saw my years of childbearing as an eternal Summer! As much as I never wanted Summer to end there came a time when My body could not cope with producing new life. My season of childbearing had ended. I had to move on...........
I didn't want to embrace the Autumn. I wanted to stay in Summer. I couldn't see my life without pregnancy, birth, young babies and toddlers. And yet at the same time I was growing tired. I didn't have the same energy levels that I had in my early twenties. I seemed to need more rest! I didn't want to look ahead and embrace a new season. What did Autumn have to offer me? But as God quietly led me along the path I started to view things in a different light. I am still surrounded by children! Although two are now married I am blessed to have seven at home. My youngest is only 17 months and it is exciting to watch him grow. He will always be my baby. Every stage is exciting in the knowledge that this is the last baby. I love watching my children grow older, becoming confident in who they are. I love to see them growing in their own faith walk. I love my married daughters and their husbands. I am so blessed. I look forward to the Autumn season because it is a time for me and my husband. A time where we get to reap the harvest. Often we sowed in tears but the Bible tells us that we will reap in joy. There are so many things that I have not been able to do in the other seasons of life. My hobbies and interest were often put aside for more urgent needs. I look forward to spending more time painting, scrapbooking and even sewing! I look forward to having some holidays without crying, whinging babies in the back seat of the car who hate any journey longer than thirty minutes! A life without nappies! I can't even imagine that as I have been buying nappies constantly for 23 years! I look forward to concentrating on my health and appearance, a luxury for a new mum! I have let my body go, let health issues go unchecked
My Autumn time! The leaves still cling to the branches and are afire with color. We are strong, fearless and finally able to say and do what we feel is right rather than worrying about what others might think. It's a good time to be alive.