I have had a couple of weeks to stew things over. Our schooling seemed to go downhill during term four. I 'think' that a huge part of that was because I brought a very very good, but "my time" consuming curriculum. I just couldn't keep up with the workload, I became despondent, Ben refused to do his work, the atmosphere in the home was horrible, I wanted to throw in the towel. Why do we always feel the need to fix things that are not broken? Things were going well with our little "Unschooling school at home" I think that seeing my two little ones do so well with the pre school component of the same curriculum made me think that I needed to do it with all my children. I loved the work, loved the books but I hated the schedule where my time (precious precious time) was taken up. In a few years when my little ones are older it will probably work beautifully but for now........well I think unschooling is the ONLY way I can go.
I am selling all the books on Aussie Homeschool right now. We need the money to fix the air conditioner and keeping books that I won't use 'just for the sake of it' seems ridiculous to me. So, if you want to grab a bargain and you need a curriculum for the new year go take a peek!