I ordered the math curriculum, Life Of Fred at the beginning of term two. We had decided to let go of Math U See and my dream was to start Teaching Textbooks. The program was expensive though and until I could save up the money we decided to use something for the interim period. I heard about Life Of Fred on the Aussie Homeschool site and for $40 a book (in the lower levels) thought it would be a good gap filler.

Two terms later and we are still hooked on Life Of Fred. I can't tell you how much the children are loving it! I never thought Math would provoke such excitement in our home. Both Mike and Rach tell me that they are learning more using Fred than they did with any other curriculum we used before! There are no complaints about math each day, no temper tantrums when they just don't 'get it'. They happily take their little book and work merrily with five year old Fred teaching them their lesson. Fred is five years old? Yep! and that is part of the funny little story that goes with the curriculum! it actually brings humour into a subject that  normally has little to joke about!

So, are we going to purchase Teaching Textbooks? No! I can't see why we need to. The children are happy, they are progressing, the remaining text books are affordable, why would we want to change?


Sometimes the simple things in life are the best!