We are having a very slow start to Spring this year, one day it is warm and sunny, the next cold and wet. We tend to have long summers that last through till May/early June so I shouldn't really complain!

The garden doesn't look the best right now. It is recovering from the winter and although there is new growth the plants look tired and the grass is full of spring weeds. In a couple more weeks the growth will take off and hopefully we will have a beautiful, blooming Summer garden.

I have planted a new variety of tomato, which apparently looks like a berry but taste like a tomato..........sounds interesting!

My Avocado tree is blooming with flowers. I only hope that means I will get fruit this year. The lemon tree has already rewarded us with some beauties but the citrus trees are struggling..........strange.

My white mulberry looks awful right now, there is little life to be seen except for a few new buds opening up at the bottom. I am prepared for the parrots this year! I have bought a tree net. I will be mad if the birds get to the berries before me again this year.

Our faithful passionfruit hasn't stopped fruiting throughout winter! Considering how expensive these are in the supermarket I am grateful for each and every one.