A few years ago I purchased a very expensive language programme , Rosetta Stone! I chose Hebrew and that was the only mistake I made! The programme itself was fantastic but the language of choice was very very difficult. It wasn't only the alphabet that was completly different from ours but also the accent. Sometimes even I could not understand what the speaker was saying! Anyway, it was an expensive lesson but because we were going nowhere we decided to sell it.
Since then we have not covered the subject of a second language. I tried vaguely to introduce German because of my experience with it at school but the lessons were clumsy and unorganized. I desperatly wanted to purchase Rosetta Stone again but the funds were not available. You can imagine my pure joy when I saw an add for a second hand copy of Rosetta Stone on the Aussie Homeschool website. It was Italian and although I had doubts at first, now that we are using it I am absolutely thrilled~ There really is no better way to learn a second language than with Rosetta Stone~It is simple, fun, quick............all the things that are important for me.