I can't tell you how much I am enjoying the Barry Stebbing book, 'Art and the Bible for Children". It is a beautiful, colourful hardback book filled with artwork from children. The Bible stories have been adapted for young children by a homeschooler, Joshua Olds 15 from America. The stories are so well written and my children simply adore sitting by my side as I read aloud to them. The artwork is basic, nothing too complicated, but that is good! because there are examples from other children of all different ages I have found that my children are not discouraged by their own attempts. In lots of art curriculum the work seems above them and quite often they are unmotivated to attempt the exercises, not so with this book!
I have found that doing Bible has become a pure joy each day and my children eagerly await their lessons. Really this is a two in one curriculum! I can't recommend it highly enough.