I received my new raw food uncook book this week so was keen to attempt some of the recipes! Yesterday I spent a small fortune on ingrediants like cashew nuts, oat groats, Tahini, honey and dates. I was excited as I set about following the recipe for some delicious sounding cookies that were to be uncooked in the dehydrator. First disapointment was that I think I have blown the motor in my relatively new blender. The paste like consistency that was required was just too much effort for my poor blender! So I checked the recipe and discovered that she recomended a Vitamix blender, o.k another $900 item added to my want list! (In my dream list) I rescued the poor blender from her exhaustion and set about shaping the cookie dough and placing it on the dehydrator plates. The recipe called for twelve hours of dehydration! Twelve Hours!! That is a long time when you have toddlers waiting in the kitchen for the cookies to be ready! So I left it on overnight and woke this morning to......................disaster! They are still quite sticky so I don't know if they were too wet and need more time in the dehydrator. I took a nibble and they are so tasteless it isn't funny! Maybe my family are sugar holics or something but can someone tell me what is wrong with a bit of sweetness in a cookie? I just wish I had added some Xylotol or something to add the necessary ooomph . I am so disapointed! Not only did I spend too much money but they aren't even edible looking. I am a firm believer in using each disapointment in life and turning it around for good so today I will play around with the recipe and add my own touch to it. The only problem is that I no longer have a blender.................
http://www.xylitol.com.au/