You may have noticed that I haven't been talking about the Raw Food craze for a while! I had a couple of major disappointments. First, my blender broke! That was a major upset for me because I love my blender and use it all the time, especially for blending food for our 16 month old. My husband was none too impressed because we only bought it about two months ago. The second upset, or series of upsets, was that the food I was uncooking tasted foul!! When you consider that it is such a long winded task to dehydrate food it was very upsetting.
My phylosophy on life is that we can learn something from every situation, good or bad. Sometimes in the bad situations it is hard to see positive things but after a time of mental clearing I often find that it is true. There were some good things that I made, zucchini crisps were one of them. I also know that dried fruits are very successful with the dehydrator, if not totally time consuming!
I know that I could never live 100% raw............I just don't agree with it! But I do think that living even 30-50% could be a good thing. I definately need more fruit and veg in my diet so this is something that I am going to strive for. I will continue to hope that one day I will make a dehydrated cake, biscuit, cracker or something that will taste good.