I had a great Birthday this year! Steve surprised me by announcing that he was taking me out for lunch. This was a treat because we have been paying off lots of bills and I didn't think we had the money to do anything but he has been saving for this for a few weeks! He named a restaurant that he wanted to take me to and I spent all night tossing and turning, fretting about the amount of food that would be placed before me and the huge temptation to eat whilst trying to stick to my faw food fast! Yes! it was my birthday but I just didn't want to blow it big time. This particular restaurant is one that does well by dishing out extra extra large plates that are filled to the brim with chips so that you feel like you are getting your money's worth! I checked out some other options and in the end we went to a local Thai Cafe where the food choices were much better for me! I had sizzling garlic prawns on a bed of salad and Steve had barbecued ribs. I asked Steve if he could take me to the education store, Woolridges, which was just around the corner! a fantastic end to a nice lunch...........although Steve couldn't see the fascination and stayed in the car whilst I ran riot in the art section of the store!!!
Sarah rang me in the morning from Malaysia where her and Colin are on holiday. I was thrilled that she took time to call me on my birthday! Rebekah bought me a fantastic book, "Crunch Time" by Michelle Bridges......."SQUEAL" I was so excited!!! and Jess and Chris bought me the best thing of all.............a blue Terracotta Tagine "SQUEAL" I could hardly contain my excitement!! Steve made me the best Moroccan Chicken dish last week containing Indian spices and Pine nuts with apricots. It was melt in the mouth delicious! so I can't wait to cook it in my new Tagine. My brother and his wife bought me an Italian Espresso maker which is cool and makes a good cup of coffee! I got aromotherapy candles, aromotheraphy oils and an oil burner, notebooks, clothes, gift vouchers..............I was spoiled!