Have you ever stood in a beautiful garden and stared in awe at the flowers? I am constantly amazed at the variety of flowers in the world! When we were in Broome, W.A, last year I was mesmerized by the water lilies growing freely in the pond near our resort! It was like a scene out of one of Monet's Paintings! Right now our back garden is blooming with Passion flowers from the Panama Red passionfruit vine growing on our spa fence, they are literally amazing to look at! and quite honestly, nothing cheers me up more than a bunch of flowers! especially a dozen white roses (although I have never received one it is a lifelong dream that Steve will surprise me one day!!!!)
and what is even more special about flowers is the scent, it is totally heaven sent!
Why do you think God gave the flowers such an amazing scent? I honestly believe there is more behind just a 'nice smell" I think the scent of flowers has amazing benefits to our health!
This year I have become increasingly interested in Aromatherapy and the benefits to our health. I started looking in to it in my never ending attempt to find natural help for depression. I now, quite firmly, believe that aromatherapy oils can be a great aid to helping with depression amongst other things! Obviously if someone is severely depressed then they need to seek the advice of a health professional as I don't believe aromatherapy is help on its own, but together with other methods I believe it brings a tremendous sense of comfort and peace.
Aromatherapy may also be beneficial in easing mental fatigue and helping with sleep. In this ever stressful world we live in, it is not uncommon to hear people complaining of sleep problems. I think the t.v is an extension of the stressful day and if only people could force themselves to switch it off an hour before bed and take the time to spoil themselves with relaxation time then I am sure it would make for a better nights sleep! By relaxation time I mean doing things like making yourself a cup of herbal tea, filling the oil burner with a scented oil, sitting down and meditating on the good things in your life, soaking your feet in a foot spa, lying in a hot soapy bath, or even reading a good book (although if it is too good it may not work in sending you to sleep!)
Some of the aromatherapy oils that have a good reputation for help with depression are the following;
Lavender............studies have shown that this scent increases alpha waves in the back of the head which are associated with relaxation!

Jasmine........increases Beta waves in the front of the head which are associated with a more alert state!

Clary Sage.......... This has a wonderful nutty aroma. The effect of Clary Sage has been described as EUPHORIC! though not everyone experiences such a heightened state, most will simply become relaxed and peaceful.

Ylang Ylang....is a small tropical tree that grows in the Phillipines, Java, Sumatra and Madagascar. The aroma is heavy and sweet and helps to slow down overactive or angry people!

Bergamot, Germanium and Rose help lift your mood without the sedentry affect!

Rose is a gentle but potent natural antidepressant. I has been shown to be helpful for women suffering with PMT .

Essential oils are not in the least bit expensive and you can purchase oil burners from most $2 stores around Australia!
I highly recommend the investment. Let me know how you go!