Yesterday I attempted my first raw food recipe! I sliced two zucchini up to make Zucchini Chips. I set the dehydrator at 60 which is the highest setting and six hours later they were ready to eat! They had shriveled down to half the size! I placed them in a Ziploc bag. Last night I grabbed the bag and sat down and ate the lot with..........wait for it!........Kraft French Onion Dip!!! Well, I didn't have anything else to dip them in that was healthy!! so today I am on a mission to find a healthy raw dip. I bought another ten Zucchini this morning after dropping Steve off at work. The checkout lady asked me what I was going to do with all the Zucchini and I told her, to which she replied "How Lovely" but I knew she thought I was nuts!!!
I noticed yesterday that the raw food eating went really well. There were a couple of flops (including the French onion dip) where I made French Potatoes for the family meal and had a couple of mouthfuls myself! but for the best part I did really well and actually found that at tea time I wasn't in the least bit hungry and although I had prepared a jacket potato with chicken and veg I only ate the chicken and veg. Today I am going to try and find some more recipes because, quite obviously, I can't live on Zucchini Chips for the rest of my life!