On a lighter note..............gosh I think we all need that right now! I must tell you about a wonderful movie that my husband and I saw last night. It is called "The Book Of Eli" and stars my very favourite actor, Denzil Washingston.
I didn't have any idea what the movie was about before arriving at the cinema, It was my choice based solely on the fact that my favourite actor was playing the lead role. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it but basically the storyline is set after the apocalypse when the world is an entirely different place to the one we now know. The few survivors resemble something out of a Mad Max movie (you have to see the movie to see what I mean) But then there is Eli, a man with a mission. His task is to take a book (And I'll leave the description of that book as a secret for now) to the 'west' in order to save the human race.
There is swearing and a lot of violence so please remember this before deciding to view it, but in all reality that didn't bother me because it was necessary in order to portray the atmosphere of the world in which the film is set. What is wonderful about the movie is that it shows what a world without God and his word would be like.
I was totally absorbed in the storyline from start to finish. The only thing that bothered me was a scene at the end but I can't really tell you about that for fear of ruining the storyline to those who haven't seen it! (It just bugged me)
9/10 rating for me!