Slowly over the course of the week I have had clearer vision in regard to homeschooling. The Lord has laid upon my heart a curriculum that we used a LONG time ago with our second eldest daughter, Jessica, who is now 22 years old, married and working. She was a terror at homeschooling! she really would have preferred to remain in school, mainly for the social network. The only thing that she enjoyed at home was going on the computer so like a clever mother I decided that if you can't beat them you should join them! so I ordered her a couple of subjects on Switched On Schoolhouse. It was fantastic! she got to play computer a bit longer in the day and I got the satisfaction of knowing at least two subjects per day were completed! LOL
Once she graduated and started work I carried on with whatever I happened to be using at the time (and believe me, I have used a few different things over the years!) but this week I have had Switched On Schoolhouse on my mind once again..........

From memory a few of the subjects were too difficult (In my opinion) like Language Arts and Math. I seem to remember Jess using Science, History and Bible. I think that using all five core subjects would be too much and a sure recipe for glasses or contact lenses down the track.
Unfortunatly they don't seem to sell the curriculum in Australia any more so I had to scoot around and do some googling online. Ebay has a lot of sellers but the postage is quite expensive. The cheapest option is Christian Books in the U.S but shipping is slow, usually about six weeks.
In the end for Ben I ordered; History/Geography and Health. And for Mike I ordered History of the Vietnam war, History of the Civil war (both American in content but great for a history loving kid) British Literature Study and Bible.
Looks like we will be on 'holiday' for a bit longer, or at least till some of these arrive. I am in no rush and I know the kids are not either..........