I have been doing some Christmas shopping. Slightly early, I know, but I didn't want to get caught out in the Christmas rush like I did last year.
I decided to buy Ethan (5) and Leah (4) a wooden puppet theater. I have grand ideas of teaching my children to narrate well by performing plays for the family!!! (wishful thinking) The reverse side of the puppet theater is a shop front. I am thinking that the shop front might get more use than the theater!
Today I started looking for some hand puppets to use with the theater. I was frustrated by the size and quality of the items I saw. Then I hit upon the most delightful set of "around the world happy children" they are 36cm in height with big smiling faces. I think the children will be delighted with them.

Does anyone else have a puppet theater? I remember having one at primary school and absolutely loving it. Then again I was in love with Doris Day back in those days and dreamed of being a Hollywood movie star! I remember one day at school the teacher asked the children who wanted to stand up and sing a nursery rhyme to the class. I put my hand up and got up and sang a Doris Day song "Just got in from the windy city" from the movie "Calamity Jane". I was about six years old. The teacher managed to hold her laughter in long enough to stop my mother on her way out of school and re-tell the story!