I have just returned from the movies with my husband. We watched the most delightful movie, "Julie And Julia" starring Meryl Streep. It is based on a true story, that of famous American Chef Julia Childs and writer, Julie Powell who wrote the book that the movie is based on.
Julia Childs was a character! One of those people that everyone would want as a friend, her personality was infectious. She was probably the first famous T.V chef, long before the days of Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay! Julie Powell worked for the government before taking on the challenge of keeping a 365 day blog dedicated to the recipes in Julia Child's famous cookbook "Mastering The Art Of French Cooking".
The movie cleverly intertwines the two tales, both decades apart.
Meryl Streep does an amazing job of portraying the rather eccentric Julia. There were many  moments throughout the movie that I laughed out loud...........a good feeling!
There is a little bit of swearing, but nothing that offended me. It really is one of those feel good movies that I would highly recommend. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Child