I know God made us all, I know he loves us all..........but some people drive me nuts! Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting one of life's more unusual people, a "doggy person". Now, don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but some people's vocation in life is to love dogs more than people and it is these people that I find difficult to understand.
After a two hour drive into woop woop to see a potential dog I was invited into the home of Mrs Dog Lover herself. As I drove up to the house, in the middle of nowhere, I was met with Dogs............lots and lots and lots of dogs. The smell of doggy pooh filled the air. There were even statues of dogs placed strategically around the front garden. The number plate on the car showed evidence of the dogs inside(and outside)...........PUGZ. On being received into the home I found myself standing in what I presumed was the lounge room. There were play pens set up all over the room with dogs and puppies in each one. I counted at least twenty dogs in one room! The smell just about knocked me out and it wasn't long before I discovered why. Dog poo lay around in every playpen. There was no floor to the playpens, only the woman's wooden floor boards, so you can imagine how the smell of urine and poo had penetrated! I had gone to see an adult dog, a three year old Pug who had not proven herself in the show ring so the owner had decided to sell her. I was expecting a quiet, placid animal after my intensive research on the internet, but instead I was met by a pounding, galloping animal who looked like she was high on drugs! She jumped all over me, knocked my DD 5 over and proceeded to run around the room like a dog pocessed! I was then asked if I wanted to see the other two available dogs, a 2 year old and 4 year old pug. These dogs were owned by her son who was being transferred interstate and wanted to sell the dogs together as a pair. Well, talk about overweight pug! They resembled pigs more than pugs. I was losing interest rapidly! Poor DD4 was terrified of the commotion and had lifted herself up to be held by her elder sister, DD16. It was then that Mrs Doggy Lady told me in no uncertain terms that she would never let one of her babies go to a family with a child who was behaving so poorly as mine! She looked at DD4 and said, "You will have to wait till you are older to get a puppy because you are behaving badly and upsetting the dog" Well, it was all I could do to hold my tongue! I wanted to get into a verbal fight with this woman and I had to force myself to stay quiet~ I tried to explain that my daughter was not used to having a dog in the house and the behaviour of her dogs was overwhelming for her. By that stage Mrs Doggy Poo was on her way back inside with all the pugs and I was left outside fuming. It was a long drive home................................Well, I had been to another planet me thinks.