I know how important it is to support Australian Businesses.I realize that real life happens and my order may not necessarily be the most important issue on the agenda. But, and I must be honest, It is absolutely annoying to offer express post options and to use it as an excuse for delayed posting. I paid for an item ten days ago. I used bank transfer so I allowed five days for funds to clear which is very generous because from my experience they usually take no longer than three days. I then allowed for three days postage but considering I used express it should have taken no longer than two days. Ten days and nothing. No email to apologise for any delay, nothing. It will probably be here next week but the point is that I could have ordered the same item from the book depository in the U.K and would have had it in my hands within five days! I also would have saved myself $6! I have never had to wait longer than seven days for any book I have ordered from them. Doesn't that say something? Am I going to be critisized for buying overseas when the reality is that nobody seems to be able to match that service in Australia?
I will think twice next time...........